Benefits of Dental Implants
Most of us prefer natural-looking and well-functioning teeth replacement options. Compared to dentures and bridges, dental implants perform the best and can last a lifetime. The dentists at Integral Dental, Ellice Dental and Pearl Dental can help you choose the best teeth replacement options for you.
Dental implants are solution to missing teeth. Here are some benefits of dental implants:
- Behave Like Natural teeth - The biggest advantages of dental implant is that it restores full chewing power. Most patients can’t tell the difference between their natural teeth and the implant tooth. They can eat with it completely normally, and they can brush and floss normally as well.
- Lasts a Lifetime – Dental implants can last a lifetime when properly cared for, whereas bridges can only last for around 10 years or so.
- Prevent Bone Loss – Patients may experience loss of jaw bone due to a lack of stimulation in the absence of a tooth. When you don’t replace your missing tooth with an implant, the bone area might lose 25% of its volume within the first year and keep decreasing over the years.
- Keep Adjacent Teeth Stable – The gap left by a missing tooth can cause the adjacent teeth to shift towards the gap crookedly. Your teeth move out of position this way and your bite is affected. This hampers your ability to chew and your appearance. Such interference makes teeth replacement difficult with time. You might experience TMJ (temporomandibular joint) and headaches due to poor bite.
- Stay Away From Gum Diseases – The gap in your mouth due to a missing tooth can trap food particles and bacteria and can lead to gum diseases.
- Prevent Facial Sagging and Premature Aging – Facial sagging is a result of bone loss from missing teeth. Your lower third of the face might start to collapse, decreasing the distance between the tip of the nose and the chin. Changes can also include wrinkles around the mouth, thinning lips and a more pointed chin. These changes make people appear older than their age. Since implants attach to your jaw bone, you won’t experience jaw bone loss and the related facial sagging.
Dental implant is an excellent option as tooh replacement. Not everyone is eligible for a dental implants, it depends on your current oral health. If you are interested in having a dental implant, you can visit our reliable team at any of our centres – Ellice Dental, Pearl Dental and Integral Dentalto make sure you are a good candidate.